Friday, August 10, 2007

Sketch Challenge


This week's sketch challenge #136 over at SCS was a diffent one! I wasn't sure if I was going to do it but the more ideas I saw the more I wanted to give it a try!

This is what I came up with. I'm not sure that I like it, I feel that it may be to busy with the two different DP's I used. What do you think?

When doing the butterfly, I stamped the image onto Whisper white cs than trimmed around it and set aside. I than stamped the image onto a piece of vellum using Groovy Guava, I poured the crystal clear embossing powder over the top right away so the ink would not dry before I had the chance to emboss it. I then cut out just the wings and attached to the other design with two mini glue dots (I love those glue dots). This gives it the 3D look.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Supplies Used: Stamps~ Garden Whimsy.

Paper~ Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Darling Doodles DP, Whisper White cs, Vellum.

Ink~ Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava.

Accessories~ Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon, silver brads, white gel pen, ticket punch, key tag punch, lg oval punch, scallop circle punch & 1 3/8" circle punch (that's alot of punches).

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card, Diane! Love it!

Corie said...

Oh so pretty -- love the 3-D butterfly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...