Sunday, August 12, 2007

Weekend sketch challenge


YEAH, I am so happy that I was able to get this card done early this weekend for Beate's WSC#14. The last few week's it's taken me a bit longer due to being so busy with everyday life (can you imagine that!) LOL. Only three more week's until school starts, but who counting!


I went out a little bit of my comfort zone with the colors of this card, but I am pleased with how it turned out. I had been eyeing up the Darling Doodles DP and really wanted to try to combine the Groovy Guava & the Purely Pomegranate colors together. I know, that color combo just doesn't seem right together, but I think I was able to pull it off! What do you think?

As always, Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies used: Stamps~ Garden Whimsy, Be Happy!
Paper~ Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Whisper White, Darling Doodles DP.
Ink~ Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi.
Accessories~ Purely Pomegranate stitched ribbon, Scallop circle punch, ticket punch, silver brads, white gel pen.

6 comments:

beate said...

Diane, your card is gorgeous! Like all your work! Thanks so much for trying out this weeks sketch. Hugs and smiles

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Awesome card, Diane! I LOVE the color combo!

1craftygal said...

I'll be honest...I'M COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS UNTIL SCHOOL STARTS! LOL!

Great card and great take on the challenge!

Shannon McGann said...

What a happy card! Love those colours and that stitched ribbon!

Laura said...

I LOVE the colors on this one!! Beautiful card!

Craft Fairy said...

Beautiful card that did make me smile.

Yvonne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...