Sunday, April 11, 2010

PICK A PETAL & OCCSC

Hello Everyone and welcome to Sunday!
Ever since the big announcement last week over at Stampin' Up! regarding the color renovation. I have been in the mood to do some spring cleaning in my stamp room! As they say 'Out with the Old, and in with the New'! Now I have plenty of room for the new colors coming this July! I for one, was sooooo excited to see some of those old Stampin' Up! colors retire, but have no fear they are just a arms reach away just in case I feel a little urge to use them again!



I also spent some time yesterday blog surfing, seems like I haven't done enough of that lately. I hopped on over to 'Pickled Paper Designs' to visit one of my favorite stamping friends, Amy Sheffer. I hadn't been over there for awhile and I wanted to get caught up with what she's been up to lately, BOY did I get caught up! Amy is sooooo talented, I just drool everytime I see what she's done. I got lost in her creations for about an hour last night but I also came across some VERY helpful information that she had posted last summer on a forum over at SCS. I had seen this before but just never took the time to sit down and give it a try until last night. If your wondering how some of these ladies always have these awesome pictures of their creations and want to know how to do it for yourself, check out this link. Amy does a fabulous job of explaining step by step on how to photo edit your pictures.

Ok, so now that I'm all caught up with my blog surfing, I did have some time to stamp today. Today's card was inspired by this week's OCC sketch challenge. I embossed all the flower petals with clear embossing powder and cut out my own stem to create this big bright flower!
Thanks for stopping by!
STAMPS: Pick a Petal, French Script.
PAPER: Real Red, Basic Black, YoYo Yellow, Wild Wasabi textured cs, Whisper White.
INK: Going Gray, Wild Wasabi, VersaMark
ACCESSORIES: Clear embossing powder, Red button, Linen Thread, sponge, corner rounder, small oval punch, Black polka dotted ribbon (non-SU)

7 comments:

Renée said...

oh this is gorgeous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous case and design Diane! I LOVE the pretty colors and beautiful embossing on the petals!

Have a fun weeke ~ sending you loads of hugs, Jennifer :)

Silli said...

Beautiful card Diane, love the flower and the colors... well done!

Joani McDonald said...

I found you thru SCS and I'm glad that I did. Your cards are amazing! Thanks for so much inspiration.
Hugs,
Joani

Rose said...

What a striking card Diane! The flower is awesome, gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at OCC this week!

Darsie Bruno said...

what a fantastic card! I love those polka dot petals! Thanks so much for playing with us at Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge! We hope you'll play next week!

Simply Shaz said...

WOW this is FAB! Love it! That flower simply hits you right in the face...lol Great work :)
Thanks for joining in with us over at the OCCSC
Shaz x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...