Thursday, June 7, 2007

Combined Challenge!


I decided to combine this week's SCS color challenge & sketch challenge in one.

The color challenge for this week was to use Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery & Ruby Red (yes, I said Ruby Red). I wasn't sure how to get these three colors to work at first (especially the Ruby Red), but I finally decided to use the Ruby Red in the center of the flowers. I think it actually turned out ok.

For the sketch challenge, I decided to move the center band down towards the bottom of the card instead of in the middle.

Thanks for Stopping by today!



Supplies Used: Stamps~ You Make me Happy. Paper~ Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Certainly Celery Palette O' Prints DP. Ink~ Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, White Craft Pad. Accessories~ Moss Gigham Ribbon, Silver Brads, Dimentionals, Sponge Dauber. All Products used are Stampin' Up! unless noted otherwise.

7 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This turned out great. I shied away from this color combo because of the ruby red, but you made it work. I received your beautiful RAK card today! Thanks so much, I love it and have posted it on my blog.

Marie said...

I just found your blog and I'm loving your style. I've added you to my blogroll and my google reader list and can't wait to see more!! TFS this lovely card!

Unknown said...

Love this card, the colors are great! Thanks for the RAK card, I loved it. Posted it on my blog today.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, Diane! Your blog is great!!! Thanks so much for the adorable RAK. I'll be posting it on my blog today! ;)

Dottie K. said...

Diane-I just found your blog from Inkfully yours. Love this card and your style. Going to add you to my favorites. Looking forward to seeing more. TFS and the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a lovely card you sent to Julee!!! Lucky me!!! I enjoyed your blog and your cards and look forward to more!!Elizabeth Glass

Teresa said...

What lovely cards! I just love your style. It is very bright and cheerful. I've added you to my blog list as well. And I will be signing up for a subscription to your site! I don't want to miss a thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...