Sunday, May 6, 2007

Finally - Something Cuttlebugged!


Alright, I'm almost embarrassed to tell you this but I'm going to anyway! About two months ago while browsing thru my favorite blogs, I came across the cutest little book marks made with jumbo paper clips, background papers and this thing called a cuttlebug. Now, I had never heard of the cuttlebug but I knew that I WANTED TO MAKE THOSE JUMBO BOOKMARKS, and to make them you needed this thing called a cuttlebug. So I did a little research, dug out my Sunday paper that was in the recylcle bin by now and pulled out a coupon for Michaels.
Next day I marched on down to Michaels and found me a Cuttlebug and die-cuts AND a couple of folders and headed back home to try out my new toy. Well I got home and took my purchases out of the bag and placed them in my stamp room then realized I didn't have the jumbo clips, so I got in my car and headed on over to the Wal-Mart and bought 3 boxes of jumbo clips (3) and went back home. I think it was maybe 3 days later when I finally took the cuttlebug out of the box and placed it on my desk (boy it sure looked pretty sitting there)! Everyday I would get up and say to myself, self, you really need to do something with this cuttlebug! But day after day I just kept putting it off. What I didn't put off was buying more die-cuts & folders from Electric Paperie, I think I own every folder made for this thing!
Yesterday I finally said enough is enough and I broke down and made myself use it, what was I afraid of? Next challenge is to finally make those jumbo bookmarks! I think tonight is the night!
Well that's my silly Cuttlebug story, hope I didn't bore you with the details! Thanks for stopping by.
Supplies used:
Stamp set: Big Blossoms & Circle of Friendship
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal & background paper from The Glitter Stack (I bought at Archiver's).
Ink: Pixie Pink & Apricot Appeal Craft Pads, Chocolate Chip.
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Brads, Twill Tape & Cuttlebug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo jealous! I've seen neat things done with a Cuttlebug in the scrapbook world. I'll be anxious to see what wonderful things you come up with using your new treasure. You had a great start with this one. Connie. (forgot my google info.)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you took the cuttlebug out of the box! Gorgeous card!

Donna Baker said...

that is almost MY Story too!! The thing that made me take it out was someone 'wished' for some CB papers & I HAD to send them!! Otherwise I still haven't really made anything with mine. Great card!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...