Monday, May 28, 2007

Super Sketch Sunday #16

I'm so happy I was able to finish this week's Super Sketch Sunday #16 yesterday, Sunday, the day Amy posted it! I had to wait until today to post it as I wasn't able to get a good photo until this morning.
I thought I would also have a patriotic theme for my card as today is Memorial Day, a day to honor and remember the Men & Women that have gave their lives for our country. I want to send a heartfelt thank you to all that have served past & present. THANK YOU!
Since I wanted to use a Patriotic theme I had to figure out which stamp set to use and unfortunately I don't have many patriotic stamps. I had to actually pull this guy out of my stamps that I am someday going to get rid of. I had to put this set together as he has NEVER been used before. I bought this set just for this guy but never found a use for him until now! I think I am going to keep him around for a while!
I stamped this image on Ivory Natural CS and watercolored him with various colors of ink pads. After I was finished coloring I swiped the edges of the design over my Bordering Blue ink pad to give it a worn antique look. I have way to much DP so I dug into my stash and pulled out some Baroque Burgundy DP that was retired 5 years ago! I need to use more of this up before I buy anymore (like that's going to happen) LOL! That's why I like Amy's challenges, I think she uses DP in all of her cards!
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great day!
Supplies Used: Stamps~ Americana Collection
Paper~ Kraft, Ivory Naturals, Night of Navy, Baroque Burgundy DP (retired).
Ink~ Palette Noir, Various colors for watercoloring.
Accessories~ Vintage Brads, Aqua Painter, Oval Punch, 1/16" punch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane, what a great card for this sketch! Super cute!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just LOVE this card, Diane. So cute! By the way, you've been tagged! :) http://oodabugalley.blogspot.com/2007/05/ive-been-tagged.html

michelle sturgeon said...

Cute card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...